Membership - StarThrower Group
We invite everyone to join our organization. We are committed to career, community, and connections. Our organization is housed among many different businesses and organizations in Flemington, NJ. The goal is to provide a 'home office' for dreams and goals and accomplishments. All are welcome to spend all or part of their days with us, and those participating in services and programs are asked to respect their co-workers and establish common meeting times and respect those appointments.
Hang out. Have fun. Dream big. Make big plans. Work together to make them happen. Your membership shows that you believe in the big picture. Disability doesn't just go away once you leave school. When you decide to get a job it doesn't stop sensory overload, anxiety, or any other limitations. You believe that anything is possible with the right supports, and you will be someone to give and accept those supports through our organization.
- $100 Registration (Suggested Donation) (covers ID badge, t-shirt, reusable water bottle, and shows commitment to organization with remaining funds going to scholarship/transportation funding).
- StarThrower Group is open Monday through Friday from 9-4.
- We encourage everyone to bring their own cell phone and laptop or tablet. Printers and other resources will be available for use. Chargers for electronics and headphones are also suggested and are your responsibility.
- No one is forced to participate or join. Membership is voluntary, and no one will be turned away for lack of funding. We also have a scholarship/transportation fund to help members participate and be included regardless of their ability to pay.
- Lunch can be brought in or you can purchase food from local restaurants (we review menus and money before we head out to help save time.) Future plans include a full Cooking and Nutrition program with a working kitchen where meals can be prepared and purchased - coming 2021
- Members are encouraged to contribute what they can to the organization and help build a donor base and develop funding.
- Members are encouraged both to participate in programs and workshops AND to initiate and lead activities or events that follwot their passions and dreams. Members will help each other find the success in these opportunities.
- We work with DDD budgets, so clients utilizing DDD services do not pay daily fees.
- If you are not registered with DDD or DVR we can help connect you and daily rates will be charged as private pay until your budget is approved by the state and processed. Our daily rate is $95/day.
- Any outside trips planned will be charged to participants in activities or events (If we plan a trip to AMC Theater members pay for their own food and movie tickets, for example).
- Special programs/rates for programs to supplement High School programs (18-21 year-olds) can be arranged through your support coordinator (or on a case by case basis). This includes summer programming or coverage during school holidays available.
(Requires current background check/fingerprinting. We will provide appropriate training)
I belong with the StarThrower Group. I am a member of the team and a part of the family.
I respect what each person brings to the table. I support passion and dreams.
I appreciate a day’s work and take pride in making a difference in my community.
I know even the smallest works can make an impact. I am ready to reach for a star.